Date of Last Modification: April 11, 2005
Guidant Financial Group, Inc. (“Guidant”) respects and enforces the privacy expectations of our clients and potential clients. This notice discusses what kinds of information we collect about our clients and how this information may be disclosed to third parties who may or may not be affiliated with Guidant.
Collection of Information
Guidant's main purpose in collecting information from clients and potential clients is for communication. However, personal non-public information is required for several of our products:
- IRA/LLC and Entrepreneur Pension™ contracts and related forms, which include a customer's name, address, social security number, information about the existing retirement accounts a customer holds, and information about a customer's investment goals;
- Retirement account history, including information about the transactions and balances in a customer's accounts; and
- Correspondence, written, telephonic or electronic between a customer and Guidant or service providers to Guidant.
Disclosure of Client Information
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We do not disclose personal information to third parties who are not affiliated with Guidant, unless one or more of the following circumstances exists;
- As Authorized - if you request or authorize the disclosure of the information (either directly to your account representative at Guidant and to the custodian of any self-directed Individual Retirement Account that you may set up as part of your contract with Guidant, or through Guidant's Professional Network).
- As Permitted by Law - for example, sharing information with companies who maintain or service customer accounts for Guidant is permitted and is essential for us to provide clients with necessary or useful services with respect to their accounts. Furthermore, we may disclose or report personal information, such as account and transaction data, where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law (e.g., to cooperate with regulators, receivers, or to resolve client disputes).
- Outside Counsel – Guidant products/contracts generally include consultation with outside counsel. Your information will be available to the outside counsel in order to facilitate prompt communication and completion of your contract.
Security of Client Information
We train our staff to safeguard personal information of our clients, and they are required to use such information for business purposes only. Guidant maintains the following policies and procedures regarding privacy with its staff:
- Sensitive information stored electronically in our databases, such as Social Security Numbers, Birth Dates, Credit Card Numbers, etc . . . is encrypted. Access to this information is controlled.
- Paper files containing sensitive information are kept in secure areas where access is closely controlled and monitored.
- Staff receives training on the types of information we can and cannot disclose to individuals and/or organizations outside Guidant.
Privacy and Security are very important to Guidant. Maintaining privacy and security means not disclosing specifics on all our internal practices. Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us.