Careers at Guidant
Accounting Onboarding Specialist
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $4.2B of funding to use, helping launch over 18,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for the onboarding process of new clients as they transition onto the Accounting and Tax services platform. The responsibilities of the Onboarding Specialist include helping clients understand accounting and tax best practices, teach fundamentals of the accounting software, consult on reporting needs as it related to each industry, and guide clients through set-up of the accounting and support software. To be a successful Onboarding Specialist, you should have a superb working knowledge of accounting fundamentals, financial reporting, and tax best practices. Ultimately, a top-notch Onboarding Specialist should be a great communicator with a flair for interacting with new people. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves accounting position. We are looking for someone who derives great satisfaction in customer interaction, accounting transactions and building out processes and procedures.
What You’ll be Doing
- Client Services
- Deliver high quality client service to a portfolio of clients in multiple industries.
- Develop and understanding of client teams and clients’ business models.
- Lead communication process with clients from the point of sales finalization to routine maintenance hand-off.
- Effectively outline the client journey to client audience, setting expectations for needs and deliverables and ensuring timely completion of the onboarding process.
- Identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Support clients through the technical aspects of setting up bank feeds, accounting software connections, and applicable logins.
- Coach clients on reporting dimensions providing opportunities to establish business insights from day 1.
- Know the technical aspects of Guidant’s product offering and effectively communicate the value proposition; respond to objections, questions, concerns and other FAQ’s.
- Accounting Responsibilities
- Set-up of accounting software including bank feeds and import automation, initial transaction classification, payroll import and vendor creation.
- Prepare reconciliations schedules for initial balances including bank reconciliations and fixed assets.
- Create and maintain policies and support-material that detail best practices for accounting and tax operational activities.
- Maintain consistent accounting onboarding policies and procedures across clients.
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of operational accounting experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Experienced in QBO and related software tools; familiarity with third party systems such as Bill.com, and Expensify a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite including excel, outlook and teams.
- Experience updating historical financials a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, IQ, and EQ
- Public Accounting and/or Big-4 experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Skilled communicator who knows how to read their audience
- Team player and ability to roll up your sleeves and take initiative without being asked
- Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and able to work independently
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- Complete continuing education based upon current certifications
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits include comprehensive health coverage (free premium options), lots of paid time off, competitive salary, parental leave and equity
- Be part of an awesome culture with a focus on making a big impact, professional development (leadership programs, guest speakers, special projects), community service and companywide events
Recruiting only in the following states: Washington, Idaho, Utah, Texas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona