Careers at Guidant
Director of Accounting and Tax Services
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $5B of funding to use, helping launch over 20,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
Diversity: You encourage diversity, equity and inclusion. You help empower our community and foster an environment that encourages different perspectives and values each team member’s individual experiences.
As Director of Accounting and Tax Services, you will play a key role as a foundational member of our new business services offering. This position is responsible for a variety of impactful, highly strategic work tasks and process development. In this role, you will implement and lead an international remote team to excel in all levels of customer service and financial goals as well as partner with internal stakeholders to create business processes and refined workflows.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives that have the potential to create tremendous value for the company
- Maintaining constant communication, overseeing, and evaluating third party vendors
- Collaborate with internal teams in the development and launch of a new Bookkeeping and Tax services.
- Remaining abreast of tax law, and corresponding with Federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of our clients.
- Ensuring all financial reporting is accurate and complying with established accounting procedures and policies
- Establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship with clients, agencies, and coworkers to promote a quality service image
- Researching and resolving accounting-related questions, concerns, and problems for clients in a friendly and timely manner
- Hiring, training, developing a new international remote team
- Brainstorming with the team. Complex questions and situations come up regularly and we don’t do-it alone.
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be 18 years of age
- 8+ years leading a Bookkeeping and Tax operation
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or Accounting preferred
- Experience leading international remote teams preferred
- Strong strategic finance acumen
- Attention to detail
- Curiosity and drive to learn
- Ability and willingness to perform all functions of the team such as bookkeeping, accounting, and tax work, especially in the beginning stages of growing the department and team
- Customer Service, ability to have difficult conversations with clients while maintaining professional demeanor
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- Ability to create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging by empowering all our employees to speak up, ask questions, and been seen.
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- Complete continuing education based upon current certifications
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment and require sufficient personal mobility and physical capability to permit employee to function in this environment
- Requires sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours and ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds;
For this position there are minimum work from home requirements that must be met in order to perform the essential job functions in a remote WFH environment. For any questions, please reach out to [email protected] prior to submitting your resume.
- Our People are Key to Success: Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- When You Grow, We Grow: Continue to learn with ongoing training, career pathing, and supportive leaders. In just six months of 2021, we have already promoted 28% of our organization!
- Wellness: Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (with free premium option), competitive salary, and paid parental leave and a generous 401k match. Be able to disconnect with Paid Time Off of 3 weeks and 11 Paid Holidays.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Work from the enjoyment of your home office. We work with entrepreneurs every day; we want you to have autonomy within your work structure with company provided equipment.
- Awesome Culture: Be part of Guidant’s award-winning culture and have the experience to connect through coffee with senior leaders or hit a home run being part of our company sporting events.
- Empowering Equity and Inclusion: Be part of an inclusive work environment that gives employees a voice to speak up, be heard, and supported.
This is a fully and permanently remote work from home opportunity with a growing and stable company available in select states across the US: AZ, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MI, MN, NC, NE, TX, UT, VA
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.