Careers at Guidant
At Guidant Financial, we empower entrepreneurs by improving how they fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 16,000 entrepreneurs and created over 85,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a hunger to learn and love working alongside others who feel the same, let’s talk!
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager to play a highly strategic role as a consultant to leaders across Guidant. You’d support all aspects of finance and accounting, including financial planning, understanding and overseeing financial statement preparation, and leading complex analyses to help us achieve or exceed our growth and profitability goals. If you have a knack for drawing out and communicating financial insights and want to get exposure to all aspects of our business to pave the way for our growth, we should talk!
What You’ll Be Doing
First 3 months
- Build and manage complex financial models for business forecasting, tracking actuals, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Help build our business intelligence function including one direct report, and enhance framework so we can support various initiatives in a timely and effective manner
- Develop ad hoc business analysis and present recommendations to department leaders
- Learn about the financial reporting process at a high level and where to go to get the information you need
First 6 months
- Lead and influence stakeholders at multiple levels to understand business drivers and support key decisions
- Provide proactive partnership and business insights to help drive revenue growth and manage risk
- Develop and report accurate, actionable, and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
First 12 months
- Oversee and enhance existing processes and financial controls with an eye towards simplification
- Manage the financial planning / forecasting process
- Expanded leadership role to include managing the accounting team
Who You Are
- 5+ years of finance, accounting or other related analytical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or a similar field
- Exceptional Excel (financial modeling) skills; PowerBI or other data visualization experience a plus
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and play multiple roles in order to get the job done
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP; prior experience in corporate accounting preferred
- Experience working with software development teams
- Experience building and leading high performing finance/accounting team
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity