Careers at Guidant
Full Stack Software Engineer
Guidant Financial, Inc. is a leading US based financial services firm headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Our mission is to help people succeed as small business owners. Through technology, we’re changing how entrepreneurs fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 14,000 entrepreneurs and created over 80,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path.
By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in helping us move from a service to a technology company and will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. We offer you the opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects in a fun and fast paced environment. You’ll touch various parts of our business and will build products that impact thousands of entrepreneurs.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a member of our global engineering team focused on defining our approach to architecture and agile development. You will take ownership of key aspects of our customer facing systems and manage projects from beginning to end. You will be based in our Bellevue or Boise office but will work with our team in Vietnam.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping high performance and scalable systems and services.
- Comfortable working with databases like SQL Server and NoSQL such as CosmosDB or Azure Table Storage.
- Understanding of/the ability to pick up new software, frameworks and API’s
- Excellent data driven approach to software engineering, design, coding, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Experience and knowledge in how to consume RESTful APIs and frameworks for web delivery of data.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, OAuth
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more popular programming languages and technologies such as: C#, ASP.Net MVC
- Self-directed: Able to stay organized, timely, and proactive with little daily oversight.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with SFDC and Salesforce Object Query Language.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud PaaS and Azure DevOps.
- Strong grasp on operational best practices within software development cycle (regarding security, data duplication and redundancy, scaling, disaster recovery, and more).
- Strong background in Database design and data tools.
- Experience in some or all of the following: angular.js, less, bootstrap, jquery, ajax, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, unit testing, web performance tools, CMS systems, etc.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and supporting server environments with dedicated hosting providers.
- Start-up culture with long-term stability
- Privately held and bootstrapped by founders
- Profitable company with year over year growth
- Opportunity to grow with us
- Career Development
- Entrepreneur Guest Speakers
- Close-knit Community: Bring your whole self to work
- Casual dress
- Company wide celebrations
- Team building
- Competitive benefits and perks
- Employee Referral Program
- Plenty of PTO, starting with 3 weeks your first year