Careers at Guidant
IT Help Desk Technician
At Guidant Financial, we empower entrepreneurs by improving how they fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 16,000 entrepreneurs and created over 85,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a hunger to learn and love working alongside others who feel the same, let’s talk!
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Helpdesk Technician is the foundation of the IT Department; walking into the office every morning prepared to handle anything that might be thrown at you with a smile. You are an excellent communicator and can easily translate ‘tech speak’ to our end users. Every day you sit at your desk prepared to resolve helpdesk tickets, in fact you handle the tickets so quickly and effortlessly you have the nickname “ticket slayer”. You understand our SaaS and Network environment and demonstrate a willingness to learn and apply new technology, showing evidence of an advanced technical aptitude.
- Can perform LAN/WAN troubleshooting before escalating to Tier 2 support
- Helps perform administration tasks related to SaaS based systems (Office 365, Salesforce, DocuSign, Sharefile, Nextiva)
- Perform recurring tasks including: setup users, reset passwords and build reports
- Diagnoses PC errors and provides Tier1 technical support for software, hardware and network issues
- Shares responsibility of training end-users how to setup and use new technologies
- Installs, configures and upgrades PC/tablet software and operating systems
- Assists IT Operations Manager with the deployment of major projects
- Primary Owner of the Helpdesk and responsible for ticket pickup/closure SLA
- Uses specialized help desk support software to take remote control of end-users’ computers to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Continuously documents all break/fix issues and final resolutions
- Escalates Issues to Network/Systems Administrator when troubleshooting has been exhausted
- Great interpersonal skills, equally happy working alone on a project or interacting with internal customers to resolve their issues
- A+, Network+ and Security+, MCTS Certifications preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of directly relevant work experience
- Excellent time management: you can work autonomously, take initiative and multitask
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of AD/GPO/DNS/DHCP and the role these services play in a network
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment that introduces new systems on a regular basis
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office365
- Powershell (Basic Scripting) is a bonus
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com, Sharefile and Nextiva strongly preferred.
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equit