Careers at Guidant
At Guidant Financial, we empower entrepreneurs by improving how they fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 16,000 entrepreneurs and created over 85,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a hunger to learn and love working alongside others who feel the same, let’s talk!
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Payroll Specialist will play a highly impactful role in the coming years, as there is a significant opportunity to utilize leading edge processing platforms for payroll, timekeeping and HR solutions for our clients. The key elements of this role include entering, adjusting and calculating payroll for clients assigned specifically to each Payroll Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity to obtain a key payroll position with a growing team in a stable company.
- Submit new employee records into the computer system and compile employee payroll data from timesheet files for processing hours and wages
- Prepare and gather documents for both employee and employer onboarding into payroll system
- Review hours worked, sales or piecework, commission, bonuses, salaries and other pay records
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Contact clients and answer questions regarding the client’s payroll via phone and email
- Record changes effecting net wages such as exemptions, benefit coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records
- Review wages computed and correct answers to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age
- Possess a high school level of math proficiency
- 2-3 years of payroll experience preferred
- You have prior experience meeting crucial deadlines and proactively communicate importance to internal and external stakeholders
- You strive working in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- You proactively contribute to an awesome customer service experience, developing lasting relationships with internal and external people
- You take initiative and are willing to roll up your sleeves to own all parts of payroll as needed
- You have strong knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Analytical mindset with the ability to dig into details and draw insights from data to assist customers.
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- Complete continuing education based upon current certifications
- The hustle of joining a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity