Careers at Guidant
Retirement Plan Specialist
Guidant Financial, Inc. is a leading US based financial services firm headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Our mission is to help people succeed as small business owners. Through technology, we’re changing how entrepreneurs fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 14,000 entrepreneurs and created over 80,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path.
By joining our team, you’ll play a key role in helping us move from a service to a technology company and will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. We offer you the opportunity to work on a diverse array of projects in a fun and fast paced environment. You’ll touch various parts of our business and will build products that impact thousands of entrepreneurs.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
This position is the first step down the path of learning the full process of what it takes to administer, test and report on 401(k) plans. Through accelerated learning, in-depth training and practical experience, the Retirement Plan Specialist will quickly grow from document review to administering basic plans. You’ll review documents submitted by our clients, proactively keep clients updated on progress and help client understand the year end reporting documents necessary to complete government filings, including the annual 5500 return.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Solid customer service background
- Interest in learning about retirement plans
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude, heavy on motivation
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to work independently, multi-task and establish own priorities based on workload and client need
- Skills in customer service, organization, collaboration and problem solving
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, finance, etc.) Preferred
- Basic knowledge of 401(K) plan structure, ROBS, and IRS/DOL Regulations a plus
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity