Careers at Guidant
Plan Administration Development Program
At Guidant Financial, we help entrepreneurs fund and grow their business through innovative technology and unparalleled financial expertise. To date, our team has put $4.2B of funding to use, helping launch over 16,000 businesses and contributing 85,000 jobs to the economy. We are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people and ourselves and we are just getting started.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
We’re looking for driven individuals to join our accelerated Plan Administration Development Program. Team members in this program will learn the full process of what it takes to administer, test, and report on 401(k) plans within a period of 12-18 months. Through accelerated learning, in-depth training, and practical experience, employees will quickly gain exposure to and begin to master all facets of retirement plan administration. This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical minded problem solver who is looking to build a career path with a leader in the industry. If you are looking to invest in your professional growth and join a close-knit team driven to support entrepreneurs, we should talk!
- Participate in hands on training designed to accelerate your growth from reviewing documents to working on advanced files in a high growth, high support environment
- Learn the ins and outs of 401(k) plans and what is needed to be successful partners to our clients
- Collect the necessary documentation for annual reporting and review documentation to ensure accuracy
- Train on how to test and report on 401(k) plans, starting with basic files and moving to more complex files as your skills develop
- Make outgoing reminder calls and emails to clients during the plan year reporting process
- Prepare required government filings, including the annual 5500 return
- Take an active approach on educating clients in regards to the administration of their 401(k) plan
- Partner with Senior 401(k) Administrators to handle more complex cases such as calculating allocations, distributions and matching contributions for 401(k) plans, accurately reconciling plan asset, and preparing participant loan origination documents
In this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to earn credentials, like the QKA, with Guidant’s sponsorship!
Who you are
- Excellent computer skills – you know your way around MS Office Suite and learning new systems comes naturally to you
- Great communicator – you can clearly explain complex concepts in an e-mail or over the phone and can match your communication style to the people you’re working with, client or coworker
- Hungry to learn and develop new skills
- Analytical mindset – comfortable with numbers and gets excited when pieces of the puzzle fit together
- Team player – supportive of coworkers, jumps in to help when needed, and brings a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize based on workload and client need
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity