Careers at Guidant
Sales Development Representative
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $4.2B of funding to use, helping launch over 18,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Sales Development Representative is an important role and often the first point of connection for the entrepreneurs we work with. The successful candidate will make a difference in this high touch role and she/he will have an opportunity to help people realize their dream of opening a small business. In addition, the role is a great launching point for a career in sales or business development with plenty of growth, learning and mentorship opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Understand and support the needs of new entrepreneurs seeking funding.
- Nurture long-term opportunities and relationships in our sales pipeline.
- Collaborate successfully with Sales team to optimize productivity.
- Engage and qualify interested entrepreneurs and help them explore further by connecting them with one of our subject matter experts.
- Never make “cold calls.” You’ll only connect with warm leads, take inbound calls and/or email inquiries.
- Manage a pipeline
- Ability to make high volume outbound calls
- Communicate our services clearly and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQs.
- Proactively organize tasks, lead pipeline and campaigns to meet milestones and quarterly objectives.
- Interact professionally, both verbally and written, to customer inquiries and concerns.
Who You Are:
- Sensitive to others’ needs and able to build rapport over the phone
- Curiosity. Relevant experience is preferred, but not necessary.
- Willingness and ability to conduct extensive outbound calls with warm leads
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to being a true team player on the Sales team and part of the Guidant community
- Must pass a background check
- Complete continuing education based upon current certifications
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits include comprehensive health coverage (free premium options), lots of paid time off, a fully paid gym membership, competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity
- Be part of an awesome culture with a focus on making a big impact, professional development (leadership programs, guest speakers, special projects), community service and companywide events