Careers at Guidant
Sales Development Representative
At Guidant Financial, we empower entrepreneurs by improving how they fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 14,000 entrepreneurs and created over 80,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a hunger to learn and love working alongside others who feel the same, let’s talk!
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Sales Development Representative is an important role and often the first point of connection for the entrepreneurs we work with. The successful candidate will make a difference in this high touch role and she/he will have an opportunity to help people realize their dream of opening a small business. In addition, the role is a great launching point for a career in sales or business development with plenty of growth, learning and mentorship opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Understand and support the needs of new entrepreneurs seeking funding.
- Nurture long-term opportunities and relationships in our sales pipeline.
- Collaborate successfully with Sales team to optimize productivity.
- Engage and qualify interested entrepreneurs and help them explore further by connecting them with one of our subject matter experts.
- Never make “cold calls.” You’ll only connect with warm leads, take inbound calls and/or email inquiries.
- Manage a pipeline
- Ability to make high volume outbound calls
- Communicate our services clearly and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQs.
- Proactively organize tasks, lead pipeline and campaigns to meet milestones and quarterly objectives.
- Interact professionally, both verbally and written, to customer inquiries and concerns.
Who You Are:
- Sensitive to others’ needs and able to build rapport over the phone
- Curious – wanting to grow and learn
- Willingness and ability to conduct extensive outbound calls with warm leads
- Self motivates and driven by individual and team goals
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Commitment to being a true team player on the Sales team and part of the Guidant community
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity