Careers at Guidant
Sales Development Representative
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $5B of funding to use, helping launch over 20,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Sales Development Representative is an important role and often the first point of connection for the entrepreneurs we work with. The successful candidate will make a difference in this high touch role and she/he will have an opportunity to help people realize their dream of opening a small business. In addition, the role is a great launching point for a career in sales or business development with plenty of growth, learning and mentorship opportunities.
What You’ll be Doing
- Understand and support the needs of new entrepreneurs seeking funding.
- Nurture long-term opportunities and relationships in our sales pipeline.
- Collaborate successfully with Sales team to optimize productivity.
- Engage and qualify interested entrepreneurs and help them explore further by connecting them with one of our subject matter experts.
- Never make “cold calls.” You’ll only connect with warm leads, take inbound calls and/or email inquiries.
- Manage a pipeline
- Ability to make high volume outbound calls
- Communicate our services clearly and be able to react to objections, competitive questions and other FAQs.
- Proactively organize tasks, lead pipeline and campaigns to meet milestones and quarterly objectives.
- Interact professionally, both verbally and written, to customer inquiries and concerns.
Who You Are:
- Sensitive to others’ needs and able to build rapport over the phone
- Curious – wanting to grow and learn
- Willingness and ability to conduct extensive outbound calls with warm leads
- Self motivates and driven by individual and team goals
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Commitment to being a true team player on the Sales team and part of the Guidant community
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
For this position there are minimum work from home requirements that must be met in order to perform the essential job functions in a remote WFH environment. For any questions, please reach out to [email protected] prior to submitting your resume.
- Our People are Key to Success: Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- When You Grow, We Grow: Continue to learn with ongoing training, career pathing, and supportive leaders. In just six months of 2021, we have already promoted 28% of our organization!
- Wellness: Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (with free premium option), competitive salary, and paid parental leave and a generous 401k match. Be able to disconnect with Paid Time Off of 3 weeks and 11 Paid Holidays.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Work from the enjoyment of your home office. We work with entrepreneurs every day; we want you to have autonomy within your work structure with company provided equipment.
- Awesome Culture: Be part of Guidant’s award-winning culture and have the experience to connect through coffee with senior leaders or hit a home run being part of our company sporting events.
- Empowering Equity and Inclusion: Be part of an inclusive work environment that gives employees a voice to speak up, be heard, and supported.
Recruiting only in the following states: Washington, Idaho, Utah, Texas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona