Careers at Guidant
Senior Retirement Plan Administrator
At Guidant Financial, we empower entrepreneurs by improving how they fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 16,000 entrepreneurs and created over 85,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a hunger to learn and love working alongside others who feel the same, let’s talk!
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
Do you thrive on teaching people about their 401(k) plan and crunching numbers? Love a fast-paced environment where you’re able to mentor co-workers and help clients succeed? We may have the perfect job for you! We’re currently searching for a full-time Senior Retirement Plan Administrator to work in our Plan Administration department. The ideal candidate will have immaculate attention to detail and experience performing annual 401(k) plan testing.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with clients to obtain necessary information to prepare the annual reporting and testing
- Perform different types of testing, including but not limited to: nondiscrimination, coverage and top heavy testing
- Calculate allocations, distributions and matching contributions for 401(k) plans
- Accurately reconcile plan assets
- Prepare participant loan origination documents
- Prepare required government filings, including the annual 5500 return
- Educate clients in regards to the administration of their 401(k) Plans
Who You Are
- The position requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration for defined contribution plans, including testing and preparation of annual 5500 returns
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrates a good understanding of rules and regulations associated with 401(k) plans
- Applicant must have experience working with pension administration software
- Excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Applicant must be able to work independently, multi-task and establish own priorities based on workload and client need
- Ability to work as part of a team to meet company objectives
- Demonstrates adequate math and analytical skills
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Mathematics
- Prefer relevant ASPPA or NIPA certifications
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity