Careers at Guidant
Senior Software Engineer
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? Guidant Financial is growing quickly and we need someone to help us build and nurture a best in class team to achieve our bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $4.2B of funding to use, helping launch over 18,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a member of our global engineering team focused on defining our approach to architecture and agile development. You will take ownership of key aspects of our customer facing systems and manage projects from beginning to end. You will be a member our global engineering team.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping high performance and scalable systems and services.
- Comfortable working with databases like SQL Server and MySQL
- Understanding of/the ability to pick up new software, frameworks and API’s
- Excellent data driven approach to software engineering, design, coding, debugging, problem solving and analytical skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of testing practices.
- Experience and knowledge in how to consume RESTful APIs and frameworks for web delivery of data.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, OAuth
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more popular programming languages and technologies such as: C#, ASP.Net MVC
- Self-directed: Able to stay organized, timely, and proactive with little daily oversight
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Track record of upholding regular system monitoring and reporting
- Experience with SFDC and Salesforce Object Query Language.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud PaaS.
- Strong grasp on operational best practices within software development cycle (regarding security, data duplication and redundancy, scaling, disaster recovery, and more)
- Strong background in Database design and data tools – SSIS, ETLs.
- Experience in some or all of the following: angular.js, less, bootstrap, jquery, ajax, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, unit testing, web performance tools, CMS systems, etc.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and supporting server environments with dedicated hosting providers.
Start-up culture with long-term stability
- Smaller teams, bigger impact
- Profitable company with year over year growth
Opportunity to grow with us
- Entrepreneur Guest Speakers
- Career Development
Close-knit Community: Bring your whole self to work
- Casual dress
- Companywide celebrations
Competitive benefits and perks
- Employee Referral Program
- Plenty of PTO, starting with 3 weeks your first year