Careers at Guidant
Tax Services Manager
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $5B of funding to use, helping launch over 20,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
Diversity: You encourage diversity, equity and inclusion. You help empower our community and foster an environment that encourages different perspectives and values each team member’s individual experiences.
The Tax Services Manager is a position designed for those who love taxes but hate the outdated model of public accounting; someone who loves helping small businesses and believes that you shouldn’t have to sacrifice work-life balance to achieve your definition of success. This position will be responsible for overseeing the return preparation, filing, tax planning, and tax research functions for a portfolio of small business customers and individuals. This position will also take a lead role in the delivery of monthly / quarterly financial statements in the early stages of growth. To be successful in this role, you should have a superb working knowledge of US Tax code for small C-corporations and individuals, the ability to concisely and clearly communicate complex issues, an eye for efficiency through software and scalable practices, and a desire to make a difference with your client base. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position in a department that believes in delivering results.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review and prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals and corporations with related income tax work papers
- Oversee monthly / quarterly financial statement reporting for your portfolio of clients
- Recognize, anticipate, and proactively address tax issues and opportunities with clients
- Monitor legislative changes and proposals and assess impact on tax strategy
- Perform tax technical research as needed; prepare memos to document and communicate findings
- Leads and manage a team of tax specialists; train, mentor, and provide direction to staff to support professional growth
- Review work of tax specialists to identify training opportunities and systems improvements
- Know the technical aspects of Guidant’s product offering and effectively communicate the value proposition; respond to objections, questions, concerns, and other FAQ’s
- Maintain consistent policies and procedures across clients to uphold firm quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field; Certified Public Accountant with active license
- 5 years of experience preparing complex returns for Corporations, Partnerships, and Individuals. SALT experience highly desired.
- Working knowledge of U.S. tax code and tax regulations with hands-on experience performing tax planning and tax due diligence.
- Ability and desire to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent analytical skills with particular attention to detail.
- Experience managing and developing junior tax staff in their professional growth.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple engagements and competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, IQ and EQ
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, parental leave and equity
Recruiting only in the following states: Washington, Idaho, Utah, Texas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, Georgia.