Careers at Guidant
Payroll Tax Specialist
At Guidant Financial, we empower entrepreneurs by improving how they fund and grow their small businesses. Our team is growing rapidly and so is our impact – we’ve helped over 16,000 entrepreneurs and created over 85,000 jobs. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs; we want our employees to feel equally empowered to forge their own career path. By joining our team, you will have an opportunity to shape our company’s future. If you have a passion for entrepreneurship, a hunger to learn and love working alongside others who feel the same, let’s talk!
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
The Payroll Tax Specialist will play a highly impactful role in the coming years, as there is a significant opportunity to utilize leading edge processing platforms for payroll, timekeeping and HR solutions for our clients. The key elements of this role include oversight of quarterly and annual federal tax compliance and preparation of quarterly and annual tax provisions. This is an excellent opportunity to obtain a tax position with a growing and stable company.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Manage tax software and implement new features and updates
- Responsible for quarterly and annual provision process
- Calculate all appropriate adjustments, deductions and credits working with clients
- Maintain current tax rate or frequency for clients to ensure accurate filing and payment
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required
- Respond to related tax correspondence and research issues as they arise
- Maintain tax filing spreadsheets detailing returns to be used, dates to be completed and special client considerations
- Assist clients in registering their business with applicable tax agencies
- Register with state reporting agencies as we add clients to new states for payroll processing
- Check data input and verify totals on forms prepared to ensure correct tax form completion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years of tax specific experience required
- You have strong communication and writing skills to interact with various departments and outside reporting jurisdictions
- You strive working in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- You have a strong desire to be a strategic partner with both internal and external stakeholders
- You have strong knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Analytical mindset with the ability to dig into details and draw insights from data to assist customers
- The hustle of building a team from the ground up while impacting a growing, global team
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits and perks including comprehensive health coverage (free premiums), competitive salary, generous 401(k) match, parental leave and equity