Because franchising offers the support of a well-known product/service with a proven business model, many believe franchising to be a sure-fire way to success. While it’s true that being able to draw from an established brand can certainly increase your chances of success, having the right personality for franchising makes a big difference too.
To help you determine if you’ve got what it takes to be a successful franchisee, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do you enjoy checking items off a to-do list? Part of being a franchisee means you agree to follow the brand’s path to success, which includes specific steps. If you’re obedient and trust in established systems, you’re well on your way to being a good franchisee.
- Do results motivate you? If you enjoy creating and meeting benchmarks, and seeing your actions take root, you’d do well as a franchisee. If one plan isn’t creating good results, you have a knack for immediately changing course to find the approach that works.
- Do you frequently daydream and imagine the future? You understand that taking a risk and working hard at first can set you up for future success. If that goal of long-term victory motivates your daily activities, franchising may be a good option for you.
- Do you actively go after success rather than expecting it to come to you? Even franchises require some out-of-the-box thinking. If you’re constantly seeking new avenues of opportunity and do well at networking, this will help your franchise do well.
- Do you feel most comfortable working within a system? Franchises provide access to training and support from a large team that’s dedicated to helping you succeed. If you’re always looking to mitigate risks and like following a proven track record, franchising might mesh well.
If you answered yes to the above questions, chances are you’d make a good franchisee.
Interested in learning more about franchising opportunities? Guidant works with a large network of franchise consultants that can help you identify which franchising concepts would work best for you. Give us a call at 888.472.4455 for an introduction.