Careers at Guidant
Retirement Plan Specialist
Are you excited by the thought of helping entrepreneurs across the country realize their dreams of building their own company? We have a bold vision of increasing the number of people who succeed in small business. To date, our team has put $5B of funding to use, helping launch over 20,000 businesses and creating nearly 100,000 jobs to the economy. We’re doing this by delivering innovative funding solutions and building the latest technology to help entrepreneurs across the country start and grow their small businesses. Our purpose goes beyond supporting entrepreneurs – we want our employees to feel as empowered as our entrepreneurs to make an impact on our clients and their careers.
Passion: You champion our mission and think like an entrepreneur.
Adaptability: Change isn’t scary. You embrace opportunities to adapt and bring others along.
Community: Connection is important. You lift others up because when they grow you grow.
Excellence: You thrive outside of your comfort zone. You jump at the chance to make things better and have insatiable curiosity.
Diversity: You encourage diversity, equity and inclusion. You help empower our community and foster an environment that encourages different perspectives and values each team member’s individual experiences.
This position is the first step down the path of learning the full process of what it takes to administer, test and report on 401(k) plans. Through accelerated learning, in-depth training and practical experience, the Retirement Plan Specialist will quickly grow from document review to administering basic plans. You’ll review documents submitted by our clients, proactively keep clients updated on progress and help client understand the year end reporting documents necessary to complete government filings, including the annual 5500 return.
- Work with clients to obtain necessary information to prepare the annual reporting
- Prepare required government filings, including the annual 5500 return
- Educate clients about the administration of their 401(k) plan
- Make outgoing reminder calls and send emails to clients during the plan year reporting process
- Review documents submitted by clients for completeness and accuracy
- Ability to navigate large volume of work with autonomy while also collaborating within your team and department to ensure excellent client experience
- Be goal driven and desire to exceed defined role expectations
- Must be 18 years of age
- Solid customer service background
- Interest in learning about retirement plans
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude, heavy on motivation
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to work independently, multi-task and establish own priorities based on workload and client need
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment where you can be a self-directed, independent worker
- Skills in customer service, organization, collaboration and problem solving
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field (business, finance, etc.) Preferred
- Basic knowledge of 401(K) plan structure, ROBS, and IRS/DOL Regulations a plus
- Must pass a background check
- Must meet work from home requirements to qualify
- Work with a team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Top benefits include comprehensive health coverage (free premium options), lots of paid time off, competitive salary, parental leave and equity
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.