We’re currently experiencing a service outage for our [product]. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue. Our IT experts are working tirelessly to restore service as quickly as possible.


The initial step of filing the Articles of Incorporation, for your Alaska Corporation, has been completed by Guidant. The following information is important and will assist you in maintaining your corporate status:

  • Articles of Incorporation: Within your Zip File there are several important documents. Your Corporation was established by filing “Articles of Incorporation” with the Secretary of State. You will find the Articles in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Tax Identification Number: The Tax Identification number for a business entity is known as an employer identification number (EIN). The EIN operates like a Social Security number for the entity and is required for many necessary activities, such as opening a bank account. Your EIN has already been filed with the IRS, and can be found in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Biennial Report to Alaska SOS: Every corporation must file an initial report within 6 months of organization. In addition, you will be required to file a biennial report by January 2nd of every even numbered year if you organized in an even numbered year or by January 2nd of every odd numbered year if you organized in an odd numbered year. The biennial report may be filed online at: https://myalaska.state.ak.us/business/biennial/reportstart.asp. The biennial corporation tax is $100. In the alternative, you may print out your form and paper-file. Failure to file in a timely manner may result in monetary penalties or administrative dissolution of your Corporation. Please contact the Alaska Secretary of State at (907) 465-2530 for more information.
  • Business License: Your Corporation may be required to obtain a license or permit issued by the State of Alaska. For assistance with making this determination, please refer to the State of Alaska’s Online Business License Service through the State of Alaska website: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/occ/apps/BLEC_Start.cfm.

Many Corporations with employees will be subject to unemployment tax requirements. Information may be obtained from the Alaska Unemployment Insurance Program at: http://www.labor.state.ak.us/esd_unemployment_insurance/home.htm or call (907) 465-


  • Financial Statements to Shareholders: Every domestic corporation is required to furnish its shareholders annual financial statements within 180 days after the close of each fiscal year.
  • Record Keeping: Every domestic corporation is responsible for keeping at its principle office: Correct and complete books and records of account, minutes of proceedings of its shareholders, board, and committees of the board, and a record of its shareholders, containing the names and addresses of all shareholders and the number and class of the shares held by each.
  • Change of Address and/or Resident Agent Information: In the event your Corporation’s directors, officers, or shareholders, principal office address, your registered office address and/or your resident agent changes, you will be responsible for taking the necessary steps to inform both the Secretary of State and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the address change. To notify the Alaska Secretary of State, you can make changes using forms located at: http://www.commerce.state.ak.us/bsc/cforms.htm. To notify the IRS, we have included additional information, including a Change of Address IRS Form, in the file in order to assist you in completing this process.
  • Additional State Requirements: It is important to note that the Alaska Secretary of State may have additional requirements above and beyond what has been detailed above. It is your responsibility to read any and all information sent to you by the Alaska Secretary of State or any other agencies, to assure that you are remaining compliant. Failure to remain compliant and/or respond to requests for information in a timely manner may result in dissolution of your Corporation.

This form is provided to you for informational purposes only. You are responsible for determining the correct information and completing the necessary requirements for your entity. Information provided is subject to change based on state requirements. It is important that you always check the information provided above with the most up to date information as provided by the Secretary of State and other government agencies.

Scroll to Top

Download The Complete Guide to 401(K) Business Financing: ROBS

By pressing “Download the Guide”, you agree to this websites Privacy Policy, and you consent to receive information from Guidant Financial at the email address or telephone numbers you provided.