We’re currently experiencing a service outage for our [product]. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue. Our IT experts are working tirelessly to restore service as quickly as possible.


The initial step of filing the Articles of Incorporation, for your Kansas Corporation, has been completed by Guidant. The following information is important and will assist you in maintaining your corporate status:

  • Articles of Incorporation: Within your Zip File there are several important documents. Your Corporation was established by filing “Articles of Incorporation” with the Secretary of State. You will find the Articles in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Tax Identification Number: The Tax Identification number for a business entity is known as an employer identification number (EIN). The EIN operates like a Social Security number for the entity and is required for many necessary activities, such as opening a bank account. Your EIN has already been filed with the IRS, and can be found in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Annual Report to Kansas SOS: Every domestic corporation is required to file an annual report by the 15th of the fourth month following the tax closing month. For example, if the tax closing month is December, the due date is April 15th of the following year. Your Corporation may file its Annual Report online at: https://www.kansas.gov/annual-reports/index.do. The filing fee is $50.00 for filing electronically. In the alternative, your Corporation may paper file by using a form found on the Kansas Secretary of State website at: http://www.kssos.org/forms/business_services/AR.pdf. The filing fee is $55.00 for paper filing. Failure to timely file may result in monetary penalties or administrative dissolution of your Corporation. Please contact the Kansas Secretary of State at (785) 296-4564 for more information.
  • Business License: Your Corporation may be required to obtain a license or permit issued by the State of Kansas. To assist you in making this determination, please refer to: https://www.accesskansas.org/businesscenter/index.html for state, city and county licensing authorities.
  • Business Taxes: Kansas imposes various taxes on businesses. For more information, please contact the Kansas Department of Revenue Business Center at (785) 368-8222 or visit: https://ksrevenue.gov/busregistration.html
  • Employees: If your Corporation will have employees, state law may require workers’ compensation insurance coverage. Please visit the Kansas Department of Labor at: https://www.dol.ks.gov/WC or call (785) 296-5000 for more information.

Many Corporations with employees will be subject to unemployment tax requirements. Information may be obtained from the Kansas Business Center at: https://www.dol.ks.gov/KansasEmployer.aspx or call (785) 368-8222.

  • Change of Address and/or Resident Agent Information: In the event your Corporation’s principal office address, your registered office address and/or your resident agent changes, you will be responsible for taking the necessary steps to inform both the Secretary of State and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the address change. To notify the Kansas Secretary of State, you can make changes using the form located at: https://ksbiz.kansas.gov/operate/make-changes-to-your-business/. To notify the IRS, we have included additional information, including a Change of Address IRS Form, in the file in order to assist you in completing this process.
  • Additional State Requirements: It is important to note that the Kansas Secretary of State may have additional requirements above and beyond what has been detailed above. It is your responsibility to read any and all information sent to you by the Kansas Secretary of State or any other agencies, to assure that you are remaining compliant. Failure to remain compliant and/or respond to requests for information in a timely manner may result in dissolution of your Corporation.

This form is provided to you for informational purposes only. You are responsible for determining the correct information and completing the necessary requirements for your entity. Information provided is subject to change based on state requirements. It is important that you always check the information provided above with the most up to date information as provided by the Secretary of State and other government agencies.

Scroll to Top

Download The Complete Guide to 401(K) Business Financing: ROBS

By pressing “Download the Guide”, you agree to this websites Privacy Policy, and you consent to receive information from Guidant Financial at the email address or telephone numbers you provided.