We’re currently experiencing a service outage for our [product]. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue. Our IT experts are working tirelessly to restore service as quickly as possible.


The initial step of filing the Articles of Incorporation, for your Wisconsin Corporation, has been completed by Guidant. The following information is important and will assist you in maintaining your corporate status:

  • Articles of Incorporation: Within your Zip File there are several important documents. Your Corporation was established by filing “Articles of Incorporation” with the Department of Financial Institutions. You will find the Articles in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Tax Identification Number: The Tax Identification number for a business entity is known as an employer identification number (EIN). The EIN operates like a Social Security number for the entity and is required for many necessary activities, such as opening a bank account. Your EIN has already been filed with the IRS, and can be found in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Annual Report to Wisconsin SOS: Every domestic corporation is required to file an annual report by the calendar quarter that the Articles of Incorporation were filed with the Department of Financial Institutions. The annual report may be filed online at: https://dfi.wi.gov/Pages/Home.aspx. In the alternative, you may paper-file by searching for your corporation at: https://dfi.wi.gov/Pages/Home.aspx and you may print an annual report form for mailing. The paper filing fee is $40.00. However, if you file online, the fee is $25.00. Failure to timely file this report may result in monetary penalties or administrative dissolution of your Corporation. Please contact the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions at (860) 509-6200 for more information.
  • Business License: Your Corporation may be required to obtain a license or permit issued by the State of Wisconsin. To assist you in making this determination, please refer to: http://www.wisconsin.gov/state/byb/agencies.html#lp for state, city and county licensing authorities.
  • Business Taxes: Wisconsin imposes various taxes on businesses. For more information, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue at (608) 266-2772 or visit: http://www.dor.state.wi.us/.
  • Employees: If your Corporation will have employees, state law may require workers’ compensation insurance coverage. Please visit the Wisconsin Worker’s Compensation Division at: http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/wc/employers/default.htm or call (608) 266-3131 for more information.

Many LLCs with employees will be subject to unemployment tax requirements. Information may be obtained from the Unemployment Insurance Division at: http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/ui/ or call (608) 266-3131.

  • Financial Statements to Shareholders: Every domestic corporation is required to furnish its shareholders annual financial statements within 120 days after the close of each fiscal year.
  • Record Keeping: Every domestic corporation is responsible for keeping at its principle office: Current names and addresses of directors and officers, current names and addresses of all shareholders and the number and class of shares held by each, adequate and correct books, and minutes and resolutions of the shareholder and board meetings.
  • Change of Address and/or Resident Agent Information: In the event your Corporation’s principal office address, your registered office address and/or your resident agent changes, you will be responsible for taking the necessary steps to inform both the Department of Financial Institutions and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the address change. To notify the Department of Financial Institutions, you can make changes using forms located at: https://dfi.wi.gov/Pages/BusinessServices/BusinessEntities/FileOnline.aspx. To notify the IRS, we have included additional information, including a Change of Address IRS Form, in the file in order to assist you in completing this process.
  • Additional State Requirements: It is important to note that the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions may have additional requirements above and beyond what has been detailed above. It is your responsibility to read any and all information sent to you by the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions or any other agencies, to assure that you are remaining compliant. Failure to remain compliant and/or respond to requests for information in a timely manner may result in dissolution of your Corporation.

This form is provided to you for informational purposes only. You are responsible for determining the correct information and completing the necessary requirements for your entity. Information provided is subject to change based on state requirements. It is important that you always check the information provided above with the most up to date information as provided by the Department of Financial Institutions and other government agencies.

Scroll to Top

Download The Complete Guide to 401(K) Business Financing: ROBS

By pressing “Download the Guide”, you agree to this websites Privacy Policy, and you consent to receive information from Guidant Financial at the email address or telephone numbers you provided.