As the economy recovers, more and more residences and businesses are utilizing the services of professional cleaning franchises.
With many placing high on the prestigious Entrepreneur 500 list, brands are becoming savvier about finding a specialty that sets them apart from the competition.
The Maids feature a 22-step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System; Molly Maid provides service professionals who are bonded and insured to protect your home. If thoroughness is your concern, you’re bound to feel confident employing either of these brands.
With the increase in environmental awareness and general focus on wellness, several franchisors are eliminating harmful ingredients from their cleaning supplies and adapting “greener” policies. Cleaning Authority utilizes Green Seal Certified® house cleaning products; Vanguard Cleaning Systems attempts to improve air quality by using high-filtration vacuums and microfiber cloths; CleanNet USA has a LEED-certified Clean Green® program, which includes recycling services, air duct cleaning and certified HEPA filtering.
Memphis-based ServiceMaster Clean offers comprehensive solutions for residential and commercial cleaning needs, including a top-rated disaster restoration program. Their family of brands includes well-known names such as Terminix and Merry Maids. Also known for restoration solutions, Steamatic uses a patented hot-water recirculation cleaning system to serve their customers.
These are just a few examples of thriving brands in the cleaning industry that have found a way to be unique, which helps sustain their success.
There are many reasons franchisees choose to enter the cleaning industry. Some of these include:
- Demand almost always exceeds supply, creating a wealth of customers in need.
- Franchises offer strong training programs, which means franchisees and their future employees can be set up for success without additional external education.
- Territories cover the vast majority of the U.S., allowing for new owners in every region.
- Once the franchise is established, repeat business is almost guaranteed.
- Cleaning supplies and equipment aren’t typically high-ticket items, making overhead relatively low.
When determining what type of franchise is best for you, be sure to choose something in your price range that allows you the freedom to be as involved as you want on a day-to-day basis.
If the cleaning industry ‘speaks’ to you, rest assured you’ll have many options available to you.