Each Friday, we’ll be spotlighting one of our successful partner franchisors who are poised for growth. This week, Zoup! Fresh Soup is our featured brand.
Zoup! Fresh Soup Co.
Industry: Fast-casual restaurant
Overview of Brand: Zoup! offers hundreds of award-winning soups with 12 always-rotating daily varieties, including low-fat, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free and spicy options — each served with a hunk of freshly baked bread. Their menu also features a distinctive array of made-to-order salads and sandwiches. Customer top picks include Chicken Potpie, Lobster Bisque and Vegetarian Split Pea, but visitors can always find their favorites by sampling before they order.
Mission: To provide incomparable gift food products; which, when given or received, leave a lasting impression.
Investment Level: $321,400 – $609,400
Units Sold in 2014: 20
Ideal Franchisee Profile: The best candidates will have a high degree of personal integrity, an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to succeed. Franchisees also must have a proven ability to motivate and train employees and manage finances. A passion for the Zoup! culture and product also are key. Restaurant experience is not required.
Brand Differentiator: As the creator and leader of the soup-differentiated category of the fast-casual segment — with 78 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and an additional 30 in various stages of development — Zoup! recognizes that soup, unlike any other food, has powerful, intangible qualities that elicit feelings of comfort, warmth and well-being for many people. A big part of what makes Zoup! different is their ability to bring those feelings to life. That’s why all of their franchise owners and team members are chosen for their passion and then carefully trained to reach out to customers, to engage and, ultimately, to create an experience that is unique to the brand.
Additional Highlights: Along with a comprehensive training program that includes classroom, in-store and video learning, Zoup! provides financial and operational systems, ongoing support and a powerful company culture that helps franchisees build successful businesses. The Zoup! brand also offers:
- Lower cost of entry and shorter hours than other restaurant concepts.
- Single-unit, multi-unit and semi-absentee operations, which allow for greater financial flexibility.
- Simplified menu requires little prep work and allows for a “front of house” focus.
- Strong, niche positioning consistent with consumer preferences.
- Strategic and authentic culture provides a foundation for running the business and attracting team members and customers. At the cornerstone of this culture are the company’s Zoup!isms, which include “Reach Out,” “Everything Matters,” “Find Ways to Say Yes,” and “The Customer is Always the Customer.”