We’re currently experiencing a service outage for our [product]. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue. Our IT experts are working tirelessly to restore service as quickly as possible.


The initial step of filing the Articles of Incorporation, for your District of Columbia Corporation, has been completed by Guidant. The following information is important and will assist you in maintaining your corporate status:

  • Articles of Incorporation: Within your Zip File there are several important documents. Your Corporation was established by filing “Articles of Incorporation” with the Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs. You will find the Articles in the Corporate Documents in your Zip File.
  • Tax Identification Number: The Tax Identification number for a business entity is known as an employer identification number (EIN). The EIN operates like a Social Security number for the entity and is required for many necessary activities, such as opening a bank account. Your EIN has already been filed with the IRS, and can be found in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Annual & Two-Year Report: Every domestic corporation is required to file an annual report by April 15th of the year after its incorporation and a two-year report by April 15th of each 2nd year thereafter. Annual report and two-year report forms are available online at: https://dc.gov/page/fulfill-annual-renewal-and-reporting-requirements. The filing fee for the annual report is $100.00 and $75.00 for the two-year report. Failure to timely file may result in monetary penalties or administrative dissolution of your Corporation. Please contact the District of Columbia Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs at (202) 442-4430 for more information.
  • Business License: Your Corporation may be required to obtain a license or permit issued by the District of Columbia. To assist you in making this determination, please refer to: https://dlcp.dc.gov/service/get-business-license for licensing authorities.

Many corporations with employees will be subject to unemployment tax requirements. Information may be obtained from the Department of Employment Services at: https://mybusiness.dc.gov/login or call (202) 698-6001.

  • Record Keeping: Every domestic corporation is responsible for keeping at its principle office: Correct and complete books and records of account, minutes of the proceedings of its shareholders and board of directors, a record of its shareholders, giving the names and addresses of all shareholders and the number and class of the shares held by each.
  • Change of Address and/or Resident Agent Information: In the event your Corporation’s principal office address, your registered office address and/or your resident agent changes, you will be responsible for taking the necessary steps to inform both the Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the address change. To notify the District of Columbia Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs, you can make changes using forms located at: https://mybusiness.dc.gov/login. To notify the IRS, we have included additional information, including a Change of Address IRS Form, in the file in order to assist you in completing this process.
  • Additional State Requirements: It is important to note that the District of Columbia Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs may have additional requirements above and beyond what has been detailed above. It is your responsibility to read any and all information sent to you by the District of Columbia Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs or any other agencies, to assure that you are remaining compliant. Failure to remain compliant and/or respond to requests for information in a timely manner may result in dissolution of your Corporation.

This form is provided to you for informational purposes only. You are responsible for determining the correct information and completing the necessary requirements for your entity. Information provided is subject to change based on state requirements. It is important that you always check the information provided above with the most up to date information as provided by the Department of Consumer Regulatory Affairs and other government agencies.

Scroll to Top

Download The Complete Guide to 401(K) Business Financing: ROBS

By pressing “Download the Guide”, you agree to this websites Privacy Policy, and you consent to receive information from Guidant Financial at the email address or telephone numbers you provided.