We’re currently experiencing a service outage for our [product]. Our team is actively working on resolving the issue. Our IT experts are working tirelessly to restore service as quickly as possible.


The initial step of filing the Articles of Incorporation for your Utah Corporation has been completed by Guidant. The following information is important and will assist you in maintaining your corporate status:

  • Articles of Incorporation: Within your Zip File there are several important documents. Your Corporation was established by filing “Articles of Incorporation” with the Secretary of State. You will find the Articles in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • Tax Identification Number: The Tax Identification number for a business entity is known as an employer identification number (EIN). The EIN operates like a Social Security number for the entity and is required for many necessary activities, such as opening a bank account. Your EIN has already been filed with the IRS, and can be found in the Corporate Documents folder in your Zip File.
  • One Stop Business Registration: You may use the One Stop Business Registration at https://secure.utah.gov/account-migration/login.html?returnToUrlUtahId=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.utah.gov%2Fosbr-user%2Fuii_authentication to register your business with the Utah State Tax Commission, the Utah Labor Commission, the Utah Department of Commerce, the Utah Department of Workforce Services and the Utah Department of Environmental Quality. After completing the online registration process, you will receive all of the necessary licenses and account numbers for your business. In addition, you will receive all of the information necessary to go to your local municipality to apply for a business license.
  • Annual Report: Your Corporation is required to file an Annual Report each year by the anniversary date that the Articles of Incorporation were filed with the Division of Corporations. You can file online through the Division of Corporations website at: http://corporations.utah.gov/annualreports.html. In the alternative, you can paper-file by downloading a form from the Division of Corporations website at: http://www.commerce.utah.gov/cor/pdfforms/renewal.pdf. The filing fee is $12.00. Failure to file a timely report may result in monetary penalties or administrative dissolution of your Corporation.
  • Business Taxes: Utah imposes various taxes on businesses. For more information, please contact the Utah Tax Commission at (801) 297-2200 or visit: http://www.tax.utah.gov.

Many Corporations with employees will be subject to unemployment tax requirements. Information may be obtained from the Department of Workforce Services at: http://jobs.utah.gov/ui/ or call (801) 526-9675.

  • Financial Statements to Shareholders: Every domestic corporation is required to furnish its shareholders annual financial statements at the annual meeting of shareholders, or the meeting held in lieu of it.
  • Record Keeping: Every domestic corporation is responsible for keeping at its principle office: Correct and complete books and records of account, together with minutes of the proceedings of its incorporators, shareholders, directors, and committees of the directors, and records of its shareholders showing their names and addresses and the number and class of shares issued or transferred of record to or by them from time to time.
  • Change of Address and/or Resident Agent Information: In the event that your Corporation’s principal office address, your registered office address and/or your resident agent changes, you will be responsible for taking the necessary steps to inform both the Secretary of State and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of the address change. You can notify the Utah Secretary of State of any changes using forms located at: http://corporations.utah.gov/corpdba.html. To notify the IRS, we have included additional information, including a Change of Address IRS Form, in the file in order to assist you in completing this process.
  • Additional State Requirements: It is important to note that the Utah Secretary of State may have additional requirements above and beyond what has been detailed above. It is your responsibility to read any and all information sent to you by the Utah Secretary of State or any other agencies, to assure that you are remaining compliant. Failure to remain compliant and/or respond to requests for information in a timely manner may result in dissolution of your Corporation.

This form is provided to you for informational purposes only. You are responsible for determining the correct information and completing the necessary requirements for your entity. Information provided is subject to change based on state requirements. It is important that you always check the information provided above with the most up to date information as provided by the Secretary of State and other government agencies.

Scroll to Top

Download The Complete Guide to 401(K) Business Financing: ROBS

By pressing “Download the Guide”, you agree to this websites Privacy Policy, and you consent to receive information from Guidant Financial at the email address or telephone numbers you provided.